3.14.2012

Battle Arena Motivation

Finding myself completely dumfounded, amused, and slightly wary of the weather these days. It really is ludicrous how brilliantly the sun is shining and how high the temperatures are skyrocketing in Northern MN. Unnatural really. But loving it all the same. See, that's the thing about spring, it always manages to sneak up on me when I least expect it and then I'm suddenly flummoxed by the idea and altogether enthralled with the changing temperatures and weather. I never realize how much I want it to be spring until spring actually begins. Oh, the sun wants to show itself? Oh, it isn't going to set until after seven? Oh, the universe is a beautiful thing that I've forgotten about for the last five months? Come to me spring, I welcome you with open arms.
In a show of good faith towards the weather, I've started running two miles every day. Why, you might ask? Certainly because it's gorgeous outside. But mostly because I just finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy and have come to the conclusion that I need to be in much better shape to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. The brilliant bit is that preparation goes all ways concerning the apocalypse: I'll be better able to evade zombies, survive the battle arena, and look damn sexy doing it. Sometimes the best motivation is the most unrealistic one. But who knows? Bear Grylls will vouch for me someday. Or just keep drinking his urine.
Definitely surviving the post-apocalyptic world (barring virus),
M

No comments:

Post a Comment