12.19.2011

0 to 60 in Ten Seconds

As I was surfing the web today, admittedly dreaming of things yet to come (and mostly things that probably won't happen), I came across a good quote. Okay, it's a little hokey. I'll admit that. Usually I run in the opposite directions of these things, often filling my mind with nonsensical material by jumping on tumblr or wikipidea-ing something of no consequence.

Superman's weakness was kryptonite. Mine's Wikipedia.

Ever get that feeling that there's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips just waiting to be discovered? Well, I do. Unfortunately, I can't be satisfied by reading one entry. Instead I find myself pulled to article after article "oh look toothbrushes are linked to the gun powder treason and plot (maybe not)" and so and so and so on and so forth. What would have been a two minute scan of an article evolves into an analysis of the chaos theory. Or the number of husky hybrids in existence. (Actually happened last night.)

SO. Back to the hokeyness. Usually I run away. Book it. Erase it from my memory. Laugh in its general direction. But tonight, I said what the hell, and threw caution to the wind.

Foraging forward as it were.

Well. Here it is:
I think it's the end that gets me. The beginning--it's what it is. It's the end of the quote that gets me and inspires me (also part of the reason I even started blogging here). "Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin."

So, I've decided. I'm planning on taking too many pictures, laughing far too much, and loving like I've never been hurt. Because that's the thing about life.

You get one shot, and it's over like Nicholas Cage's career. In other words: Don't screw it up.

Move forward, move on, get over it, and have a blast doing it. No regrets. (Insert something else highly cliche here--sorry folks.)

Also. Another thing I plan on doing: Crushing too hard. As a friend once said, "Whenever I think something is impossible, I remember that they once gave a TV show to an extremely fake-looking alien named Alf."

Crossing my fingers and Dreaming big,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment