1.18.2012

Frozen Flirt

And now I can say that my arse is officially frozen off. It's terrifyingly cold today. But not really.
It's exhilaratingly cold today, in the damn-it's-freezing-but-i-really-love-it-why-is-there-a-paradox-here kind of way. I think I figured out why I was so inherently happy walking around campus freezing my arse off. Because I was outside when it was actually snowing. When any type of precipitation falls from the heavens I get unusually giddy. I laugh uproariously at nothing. Literally. I'll be walking along, smiling like a dope, and then laugh at nothing. And then proceed to laugh at the fact that I'm laughing at nothing. It's really a conundrum wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a question. And it's never ending, ever-spiralling. 
Seriously, people must think I'm insane. 
And then that laughter sets me up to spontaneously combust later as I'm reading hundreds of pages of textbook material. Luckily, the only other inmates in my presence at the moment are a large, unassuming dog that I've dubbed Jackleton [based off of shackleton's arctic adventures] and a really fluffy cat named Chloe that I've taken to calling Drunk kitty [whenever she wakes up her hair is all rumpled and she has one eye half closed in a "could you be any louder as you enter this room" kind of way]. I mean seriously, guys. This is a problem. I'm using the word kitty and laughing at everything today. 
I'm practically flirting with myself. 
Maybe that's what it is. Whenever there's rain or snow I fall in love with myself all over again. So. I'm going to go keep reading exorbitant amounts of text, laugh uproariously at nothing, and in general finish out my day.

Laughing for no reason and Loving it all the same,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment